Friday, February 16, 2018

Hear What Christian Faith Publishing Author Has to Say

I was writing about an emotionally charged subject (my deceased mother and Alzheimer\'s) and needed the support and guidance that CFP provided. Scott was always there for me and I will keep him in my prayers. I never thought publication was possible for me. My favorite part of the process was the editing and the cover design. I have and will continue to highly recommend CFP to other authors as they far exceeding my wildest expectations.

Review By: Karen McDaniel



Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's is your final and most important responsibility and you don't want to ruin, disrespect, or even unintentionally destroy the memories and opportunities. Cherish this time for it will never be repeated except in the vast expanses of your memory. Hold on to those memories as though letting go might mean certain death. Recalling the memories will bring tears and sadness but in time, they will reappear as treasures of the heart that will comfort you with untold warmth and love.

This book is for those on the care-giving path who welcome insight on how to make the journey less painful and less difficult. On these pages I share my unedited, heartfelt concerns and challenges along with thoughts and fears that are rarely exposed and addressed much less spoken.

This book is for those who are attempting to prepare for such a journey or to assist someone who will be traveling this path in the future. After traveling this journey unaided, I realize the importance of cultivating a relationship with someone who has been through this situation and can thoughtfully and honestly share the feelings, ideas and responses of a caregiver and the primary victim.

This book is for those who have taken care of loved ones with Alzheimer's and wonder if they did all that they could or made the right decisions. Because challenges, responses, and situations change continually, there is little immediate time for dissecting decisions in the hopes of understanding them and formulating well thought out responses not based on emotions alone.

This book is for those who have already lost a loved one and need to constructively handle this grief and move on. May He bless your path and give you peace.

May you find some insight in these pages that are overflowing with my heartache and grief, guilt, self-reproach and helplessness.

In spite of my unfathomable emotional response to losing my Mother, He blessed me with a silver lining.

And I share how you can find that also.

No comments:

Post a Comment